Did you mount the floppy?

mount /dev/floppy /mnt/floppy

Do that as root of course, and then try to access the floppy.  I'd suggest cd
/mnt/floppy
and then doing an ls -la, but you could also try to click on the icon and use the GUI
as
well.
tdh

i--
T. Holmes
-----------------
UNIXTECHS.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-----------------
"Real Men Us Vi!"

Uptime:
10:34AM  up 3 days, 26 mins, 3 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.02, 0.00

| Finally, my health permits an attempt to learn something of MD Linux ver
| 7.2. As any newbie might, after an apparently snag free installation, I
| click on the kde desktop icons. Access to the cdrom is ok but a click on
| the floppy icon produces the fol msg box:
| *unable to enter file:/mnt/floppy. You do not have
| access rights to this location*. (even tho I'm root)
|
| Initially, I thought the problem may lie with the fact that I'd added an
| LS-120 floppy (which connects via the hdd data cable) but removing same
| had no effect. I downloaded MD 8 with the same problem manifesting. Have
| done numerous installations on both shared hdd as well as LM alone but no
| joy.
|
| Processor type pentium2  @400  mHz
| RAM 128
| HD type ide  10gb
| CD-ROM type ide
| Graphic card ATI 3D Rage Pro  Video RAM 8
| Sound card SB 16-bit  Network card 3Comm 10/100
|
| Request assistance.
| -Ken

  • ... Валерий Хоменко
  • ... Jack Richardson