Try this, after closing Kmail and backing up all your mail files (just
in case):

1. In your /home/user/Mail directory, delete all *.index files.
2. In this directory, make a subdirectory: ".newmail.directory"
3. Copy your mail files from the other drive across into this
directory, leaving out *.index files.
4. Do the same for the other drive, but make another directory to copy
to.
5. Restart Kmail.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.