I don't use a GUI mail client, but my sister uses KMail.  I thought I saw an option for
import/export.  Not sure if that means you can assimilate mail into your mail boxes,
but if
you can, all you should need to do would be copy the folders to your $HOME and then use
Kmail's drop down menus and import them.  That may do the job for you!
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
 9:44AM  up 2 days, 23:37, 3 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.03, 0.00