From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:32 AM
To: Wynne Crisman
Subject: RE: [newbie] No hdlists found

hi wynne,

the problem might be the raid-controler. I guess this is a highpoint,
which is not fully supurted by linux, specialy during installation. If
you need to use the riad-system, you can try to install LM8 on the
first hd, which means within the size of the first hd. Unfortunatetly I
did not found any solution, that fits on all systems, we had a two
pcs with the same controler but diferent hds, one works fine, the
other didn't work at all. If you do not generally  need the
raidsupport, don't use it as hardware but as the linux-software raid
after instalation. Best luck.

ragrds

klaus