I will try to find the update.  Thank you for the tip.

~Wynne

-----Original Message-----
From: Miark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:02 AM
To: Wynne Crisman
Subject: Re: [newbie] No hdlists found

All boards with the SouthBridge 686B have some hardware bug that can cause
data corruption. Come to think of it, if you only have one hard drive, so
this is probably totally unrelated to what you're experiencing. Well anyway,
you can get a BIOS update that supposedly fixes the problem. Check A-Bits
web site.

I wish you the best in finding the real solution to _your_ problem, though.

Miark