-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ross Slade
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 9:29 PM
To: Mandrake newbie list
Subject: [newbie] Can't access /~username

This is driving me nuts...

bunyip.apna.org.au is accessable just fine, but attempts to go to
bunyip.apana.org.au/~username fail:

----------------------------Error 403
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /~rosco/index.html on this server.

Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.19 Server at bunyip.apana.org.au Port 80
----------------------------

Directory/filename permissions are correct:

---------------
drwxr-xr-x   10 rosco    users        4096 Jun 17 18:06 public_html/
-----------
-rw-r--r--    1 rosco    users         591 Feb 26 23:11 contact_thanks.html
drwxr-xr-x    2 rosco    users        4096 Aug 19  2000 funny/
-rw-r--r--    1 rosco    users        2350 Jun 17 18:06 index.html
--------------

------------commonhttpd.conf
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir public_html
</IfModule>

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride All
    Options MultiViews Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Ideas please??

-Ross

--
    <http://bunyip.apana.org.au>                         [ICQ No.9391313]
                  {For email change borg to org}

Never let someone who says it cannot be done interrupt the person who is
doing it.