From: Ross Slade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mandrake newbie list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2001 2:29 AM
Subject: [newbie] Can't access /~username

> This is driving me nuts...
>
> bunyip.apna.org.au is accessable just fine, but attempts to go to
> bunyip.apana.org.au/~username fail:
>
> ----------------------------Error 403
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /~rosco/index.html on this server.
>
> Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.19 Server at bunyip.apana.org.au Port 80
> ----------------------------
>

> Directory/filename permissions are correct:
>
> ---------------
> drwxr-xr-x   10 rosco    users        4096 Jun 17 18:06 public_html/
> -----------
> -rw-r--r--    1 rosco    users         591 Feb 26 23:11
contact_thanks.html
> drwxr-xr-x    2 rosco    users        4096 Aug 19  2000 funny/
> -rw-r--r--    1 rosco    users        2350 Jun 17 18:06 index.html
> --------------
>

> ------------commonhttpd.conf
> <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
>     UserDir public_html
> </IfModule>
>
> <Directory /home/*/public_html>
>     AllowOverride All
>     Options MultiViews Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
> -------------
>
> Ideas please??
>
> -Ross
>
> --
>     <http://bunyip.apana.org.au>                         [ICQ No.9391313]
>                   {For email change borg to org}
>
> Never let someone who says it cannot be done interrupt the person who is
> doing it.

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original
sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended
recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of
the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk