On Friday 15 June 2001 21:33, jennifer wrote:
> Would anyone out there know if I can configure a program to
> run in super user mode while logged in as a regular user?
> Specifically, I would like to run nmapf as root while logged
> in as myself.

There is a setuid you can do but internal security systems will
bite you in the rear, unless you have set low security or less.

Safest way to do it

go to the menu editor, and set up another entry for nmapfe.

Put it where you want and call it what you want

The command is

kdesu nmapfe

update your menus and it will run as superuser while you are
normally logged in--you will need root password.

Civileme