As per recent discussion, I thought I'd drop these by.  No, I don't work for
anandtech.com (as should be obvious from my posts) but here are some reviews
that should be of interest...  Note, there are for the people who love
plowing through pages of benchmarks, but if it makes your head hurt, you can
always jump to the "conclusion" page.

Linux Video Cards
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1331

Socket A (AMD Duron/T-Bird) Chipset Comparison
http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1448&p=1

And here's that article they did on their own server upgrade.  Of particular
interest should be an _open_source_ load balancer that they utilized after
using big $$$ hardware solutions.  Lots of info.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1456&p=1

I'm not a Pentium fan, but a chipset comparison for linux specifically:
http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1384&p=1