Hello yet again everyone

I have posted this message before, but I'm getting real desperate.  This is
my last attempt at installing Linux as I can't go any further.  I don't even
know what the following error message means, therefore can't find a solution
(what is a rate?).  I've searched and searched the net; this mailing list's
archives; asked Mandrake Experts (no reply); searched and searched some
more, but I am STUCK and can't go any further.  I'm starting to wonder if it
is worth the time and effort I have already put into it!  I have tried six
times to intall Mandrake 8.0 but the same error message is displayed at the
same stage of the install process.

I am STILL trying to install from hard drive.  After creating a native linux
partition and booting with a boot disk (hd.img), I selected install to own
partition (linux native partition).  All goes well for a while and then an
error message comes up:

Error

An error occurred
missing rate for  "<!-- Beginning of:
/www/htdocs/images/HEADER/dirheader.html -->"

Can anyone tell me what this means?  I went back into Windows and searched
thru the entire "Linux" directory of files that I downloaded for a file
named htdocs or dirheader.html but found nothing.  I'm kind of at a loss as
to what to do.  I've search thru the net for clues but again found nothing.

Thanks.

Skinky