Curtis/Civileme:
Some companies require the usage of the Out of Office AutoReply feature,
and it appears that Compaq is one of them. IMHO, it's a Very Good Thing
in a corporate environment, although it can be a nuisance if the person
is on a maillist. Since I'm retired now and no longer have access to
Outlook Explorer (ain't that a damn shame), I don't know if there are
settings that will prevent replying to some messages based on e-mail
addresses, but stopping these messages at the source is probably the
best remedy.
Regards,
Carroll

Best thing about retirement: Every day is Saturday.