I would bet it will run, but you might be better off to try and download the
i586 version if you could. as i understand it (and i ain't no ex-spurt) the
i686 starts "around" the time mmx extensions started, but almost any socket 7
pentium (as opposed to socket 5) or faster would/should be able to run i686
rpms. would also, anytime asking for help (I believe) to include as much
information as might be applicable. in otherwords please explain further, the
speed of CPU and motherboard, memory, just what RPM you want to install, what
other questions might be asked. <G>