Sure, it can be useful to anyone,, it has all the features of ext2, but alot
more..

1. it is faster, albiet not hugely so.
2. It handles crashes and resets much better, ususally with no probs at all.
(I have never had any at all.)
3. It doesn't defrag at all, at least not enough to effect anything...

If they are not enough to justify use, I don't know what is..

as to where to get it...

you aleady have it.. when you format your drives in mandrake setup. you can
select reiserFS, instead of ext2..

if you do that, it will do everying else for you...

Thats all there is too it...

(I think there is also ext3, which is a similiar filesystem to
reiserfs...but I have not tried it yet.)

hope this helps

regards

Frank