Tim wrote:
>> I have Klipper active, and a Ctrl-C on highlighted text in Konsole
places the text on the Klipper clipboard; but Ctrl-V doesn't paste it in
another application (i.e. KMail or Netscape Messenger), and I can't find
anything in the Klipper help files to suggest that I'm an idiot... <<

In addition to what others have suggested, make sure that the checkmark
in Klipper is by the snippet you want to paste. I've found that what I
copied to the clipboard is sometimes displaced by something else before
I paste it, so if nothing happens when you click the middle mouse
button, see where the checkmark is in Klipper and put it by what you
want to paste. Then try the middle mouse button again. Usually works for
me!
 --Judy Miner