On Wednesday 11 July 2001 15:12, you wrote:
> Why would anybody want to go this route with todays concerns for privacy
> and spam?  Seems to me it is an unnecessary 3rd party involved here.  Why
> does one have to sign up and give them an email address (= username) to
> every service they use?  In addition every conversation is not only logged
> by the originating sender, recipient, and the relayer, but now another.
> Who knows what they'll do with the email addresses and the email addresses
> of all your contacts or the conversations.  Think about it.  No way, I'll
> stick to everybuddy, which imho is much better.

I think that he is referring to the MSN Messenger portion of IMICI.  To use
the windows version of MSN Messenger, you must use your hotmail email address
(M$ has this thing called a "passport" which is used for MSN, and a slew of
other M$-related things).  Without entering your hotmail email address, you
aren't able to log into M$'s servers to use MSN.
--
Terry Sheltra
PC Technician/Network Administrator