this might be a better question to ask on the WinGate support list. as iu
remember (and remember is key here, I have not used wingate in a couple of
years) wingate, it requires a valid hosts file in the c:/ folder. can you
post the contents of that file? can we ask why you want a winders machine as
the connection to the net and not the Mandrake machine. It is my
understanding that (due to it being basically a single user OS) winders ain't
likely to be as secure to the world as the Linux (being a network OS) box.
You may also find the Linux box much easier to use as the gateway box