You can use "vi" or "kedit" to write the file.
Here is an example of a batch file:

#!/bin/sh                               /* This line must be included always */
cd /home/jcc/setiathome-3.03            /* A go to a directory and run an file */
./setiathome -nice 19 &                 /* Current directory is not in PATH, you must
*/
                                        /* specificate it with "./" before the
filename */
                                        /* The & means it run in background */
ps -e | grep setiathome                 /* Another commands */
cat state.sah | grep prog=

You must make it executable with:

chmod +x filename

I hope this help you.