Romanator wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Would most of you say that you would recommend Reiser FS and why?
>
> Roman
> Registered Linux User #179293
> "su is not the root of your problem
>     but the start of a new journey"

I'm thinking that they've got the Reiser FS working just fine.  I
installed
Mandrake8.0 on my laptop as a single partition / and it's RFS - I've let
my
battery die and I've forced an improper reboot and it's never failed me.

I also installed my home desktop with 5 partitions:  /boot, /, /var,
/tmp, and
/home - all Reiser and it's never failed me even though I abuse it as
well.

As far as incompatibilities, if Linux supports the format then it will
work.  It
doesn't matter if you are mixing formats - linux will load the proper
driver for
the proper file system.  Windows cannot natively read Reiser, ext2, or
even nfs
for that matter.

Reiser is just a transparent file system that does a good job.  As far
as affecting how you read, write, compile or blow your nose, it is no
different than any other file system.  It will work just as well (or
better) than ext2, nfs, or fat32, or anything else.