Norman Teferle wrote:
Dear all,

can anyone tell me what command line arguments I have to use to compile Fortran 77 code on my Mandrake 8.0 box.
The programs were compiled on IRIX6.5 using f77 with following command line options: -32 -O1 -C -r8 -static -check_bounds -c file.f -lv77

Some of these options do not seem to be supported on Linux using g77 and produce numerous compilation errors.

The main problem you will find is that, to my knowledge, g77 does not support the option -r8 whichj means set default declaration REAL equivalent to
REAL*8. Most of the options are also in g77 you can check them with man g77.

Bye

--
Renato Tognaccini,
Dipartimento di Progettazione Aeronautica,

tel.:  +39-0817682179
fax:   +39-0817682187
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]