Hi,
I have the following error at boot time after installation :

Kmod:failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-48, errno = 2
VFS:Cannot open root device 3001 or 30:01
Kernel panic:VF:Unable to mount root fs on 30:01

The server is a Digital ZX Prioris  with a SCSI Mylex Controller. (2 disk of
4 GBs (RAID1) and 3 others of 9 GBs (RAID5))
I installed the OS on first pack (/dev/rd/c0d0)
I created a boot disk where the lilo.conf has the following entries :
boot=/dev/fd0H1440
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
prompt
image=/vmlinuz-2.4.3-20mdk
        label=linux
        root=/dev/rd/c0d0p1
        append=""
        initrd=/initrd.img

Also, if I need to recompile the Kernel, pls let me know how to do it as I
don't have any other machine running Mandrake.

Thanks for you help

Orazio Sgalbiero

Tel. +3222955954
Fax +3222994830