I just bought 8.0 on  Linux magazine's subscription version Linux-Mandrake 8.0 Traktopel-i586 20010418 13:31.

I have a smallish harddrive and as such, always format my drive and run ms-dos from disk, then use MSCDEX.exe with oakcdrom.sys and a description of oemcd001 because my computer does not support CD rom booting. I have tried rawrite with th cdrom.img file, and it says the cd does not appear to be an installation CD.

Ihave tried a Dos version rawrite unsuccesfully, and I have tried using D:\dosutils\autorun.bat, which is non-existent, that is, my installation instructions pointed me to something that is'nt there!

I am running an 808 meg hdd (ouch!), a 32 meg RAM ,44X CD-rom (ATAPI? ithink) and a 188 Pentium MMX.

If it is possible for someone smarter than myself  to help it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, please excuse my typing errors-- its around midnight and i'm burnt out.