Hi folks,
I am sitting here in front of a sortof Gnome Desk Manager.  Do not
know how it got here in the first place and was only trying to
close/kill it.
Instead it trashed my KDE Taskbar.
Alt+Tab just shows the foot and Konq Browser - still active to the
Net.
Thus, I was able to go to a Site known to have an emailer on it and
execute my KDE Email Compose screen to send this.

The Gnome screen has no access to any files/applications from the
desktop.

If anyone happens to notice this now:
1. I would like to know how to kill Gnome from a terminal AFTER I
restart  KDE. How do I do that from a Terminal?

2. Is anyone having trouble with K-Mail doing screen nasties?
It will sometimes announce in the middle of the display screen that
it has sent the queued files. Then it will die, leaving a greyed out
box on top of all the other applications on all the other screens.

Occasionally the whole Mail thing dies the same way but is at least,
closable after some vigorous clicking around from the "kill switch"
to the "close" in th Task Bar.
--
Cheers,

John

Fablor now Webhosting?? What on earth for??
Info here: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(it's only an Autoresponder)  :-)