How do you open the w32codec-0.18.zip?  I can't open it with the
Archiver, and it asks for that to be present before I do a make && make
install.

Config files successfully generated by ./configure !
Please check config.h and config.mak files, tune CPU
and optimization flags if you don't like these defaults.
You can compile the program with 'make' and
install with  'make install'. Good luck!

Please check mtrr settings at /proc/mtrr (see DOCS/MTRR)

Failed to find a WIN32 codecs dir at /usr/lib/win32!
Create it and copy the DLL files there! (You can get them from your
windows
directory or download them from:
ftp://thot.banki.hu/esp-team/linux/MPlayer/w32codec.zip

I don't have a Windows machine on my network at home.  Any help would
be greatful.
Thanks!
tdh

T. Holmes
UNIXTECHS.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Real Men Use Vi!"

Uptime:
  3:08am  up 2 days,  3:35,  3 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.03, 0.01