Hello,

Hopefully this is the right place to ask. I'm trying to install drivers
for my Aureal sound card. I downloaded the drivers from a site, but I
don't know how to unarchive it. The file name is au88xx-1.0.5.tar.gz.
I've been given examples of how to unzip it, but so far nothing has
worked. Any help would be appreciated.

The file is now on a floppy disk. I downloaded the file to win98 and then
I copied it to a floppy. Now when I boot into Mandrake 8.0, I tried to
unzip and couldn't. Would it be better if I moved it to the Mandrake
partition and then unzip it, or is okay to try and unzip it on the
floppy. If it's better to copy it, then will someone explain to me how to
do that. I am very new at Linux, so the simplest explanation would be
appreciated. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Guy Gauthier
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.