On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:48, Dave Sherman wrote:
> On Friday 27 July 2001 02:19, thus spake Sridhar Dhanapalan:
> > Mandrake 7.2 has GLIBC 2.1. For this binary to work, you need GLIBC 2.2.
> > You have three solutions:
> >
> > * Compile from source (get an srpm).
> > * Find another binary that will work.
> > * Upgrade to a distro that uses GLIBC 2.2. Mandrake 8.0 is an example.
>
> How do srpm's work? I've always just used tarballs...
>
> Dave

Assuming all dependencies are met (just like with tarballs):

  # rpm --rebuild package.src.rpm

The sources will be built in the directories under /usr/src/RPM. The final
package will be placed in a directory under /usr/src/RPM/RPMS, depending on
your architecture. You may want to delete the extracted sources from the
/usr/src/RPM tree afterwards.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson