-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Sridhar Dhanapalan
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 9:31 AM
To: James S Bear; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: NEWBIE Mandrake List
Subject: Re: [newbie] Strange X problem I have never had before. (damn
thing crashed again.)

Don't use Aurora -- it's more trouble than it's worth. Do a fresh
reinstall
(just in case), making sure to format (but _don't_ low-level format as
James
suggested below!) the partition before installing. When you get to
choose the
boot loader, choose either LILO or GRUB, but _without_ graphics (i.e.
text-only). Your bootup may not look as pretty but at least it should
work.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson