Hi everyone

someone asked about recient samba compiled for mandrake 7.2

well I found 2.2.0, which is fairly new...

here is the url, (I found this off the samba.org site.. if they have it,
you'd think mandrake would offer it too, since it would be no hassle to add
it to their mandrake update sites...

anyway, here is the url.

http://samba.planetmirror.com/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Mandrake/7.2/RPMS/

After about 5 years of using linux for web servers, I am broaching new
territory, I have a desktop box here which I am going to use as a
workstation, and also a samba and NAT server for the house,,,,

I just rediscovered Gimp, boy has it gotten better since RH4.x days,,,  and
I also just discovered ICEWM  how good is that thing, looks excellent, fast
as,,,,,,,, and small memory footprint.... (if you want to get an idea of
what windows suXP looks like, try the 'ultracute' theme... very impressive.

For the first time ever I am running linux in graphical mode only,, gotta
admit, its not that bad... the fonts still suck in netscape, but I am
guessing 8 fixes that.. (one of these days I'll care enough to try and fix
it..

Now my question.
is there a good GUI config for sambe apart from linuxconf and webmin ???
also, what happened to swat?
I like to set things up the first time with a gui, and then look at the
config files to work out what it did...

regards

Frank