After a system lockup-and-reset over the weekend, I no longer get
the default LM7.2 login screen and desktop.  I'm talking about the
login screen with the cartoon penguins representing users, and the
ability for an ordinary user to shut the machine down from that
screen.

What I *do* get is a KDE login screen, which works, but I'd like to
get the other one back.  How can I go about this?

Thanks!
Mark Shaw

(I asked this question already the other day, and didn't get any
text will help. :)