On Tuesday 24 July 2001 21:07, Marcia L Waller wrote:
> Dear All,
> I decided as a last resort to download the utility from Fujitsu and to
> check the drive. It failed the tests but not necessarily because it is
> permanently bad from what I could tell. I decided to get the utility also
> to do the low-level format. I am looking at my desktop and it says the
> format just finished successfully. What should be my next steps at this
> point? I do not want to install anything but LM8 on my machine. Any
> suggestions? Thanks.
> Sincerely, Marcia

The next step is the install CD.  If that works, you are back in business for a while.

But start thinking about a new hdd and saving for it and bargain hunting.
I saw an IBM DTTA 12.9G for $51.50 at www.compgeeks.com.  If the Fujitsu never
fails, then you have more disk storage, and that is not usually a bad thing.

Civileme