On Wednesday 25 July 2001 01:28, John Rigby wrote:
> Hi folks,
> For those who came in late:  :-)
> I keep getting at odd times a message block in the middle of the
> screen saying "Queued messages have been sent"
> A most annoying bug(?) and hard to shift.
> HOWEVER due to other activities, this morning, I left it there for an
> unknown period (being away from the box) and it has dissolved itself,
> leaving a blank echo of itself to display only momentarily as I
> switch windows...........

It is not a bug, it is a feature.

When you send messages, they drop into the queue (outbox).

They stay in the outbox until the next mail check, at which time they are
transmitted.  If your video is a little slow, the image may not clean up
for a while from the pop-up notice.

To avoid this, click on "Settings"(MenuBar)=>Configuration=>Network+Default Send
Method=>(set it to Send now) Or otherwise on the same screenclick on your account and
"Modify" then uncheck the box that says "Enable Interval Mail Checking"

Civileme