sure you can use a "relative" path from the same directory where the index
file resides if you write <a
href="http://jons_linuxbox.org/wrongstuff/pics/jons.jpg";>, and the page is in
your folder /var/www/html, you could just write <a
href=/wrongstuff/pics/jons.jpg>

might I make another suggestion, I am on a mail list from wired magazine
(www.wired.com) called webmonkey, lots of links to what I think you might
call neat.

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 21:35, you had thoughts to the concept of: