Carroll,

Thanks, I could get the information in this place and I compiled the 2.4.6
kernel and believe it or not it worked out! Just a little complain about
supermount, but it worked anyway.

So far, no problem. Unfortunately when I tryed to install the package of the
modem's driver I got a warning about that my rpm did not support versions
higher than 3. I got a rpm package
rpm-4.0.2-5x.i386.rpm (from redhat upgrade ftp site) and tryed to install
it. I got a message about db3 dependency. So, I downloaded the package
db3-3.1.17-4.5x.i386.rpm and installed it.

Then I installed the rpm-4.0.2 and I got a message about a directoy
/rpm/libs (but I am not sure about the name) that could not be erased
because it was not empty.

The bad new is that after that, kdepackage did not work, I tryed to rebuild
the databases, but after several minutes the process abort with a "core
dump" or somthing.

Could you or anyone else give me some advice about what to do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Rafael