On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 01:37, Gonzalix le Druide wrote:
> Thanks, but right now I have no money to buy another card :-((

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got lucky and managed to score a free Matrox
Millennium II which my computer assembler was going to throw out :-)

> So, I must make it work... meanwhile

IIRC, the best I could achieve with that card was 640x480 at 256 Colours. It
just refused to go any higher.

> I remember that installing the FBDev it worked pretty well.

I remember running through Caldera and Mandrake installations, both of which
employ framebuffer graphics, with the card. It seems to handle the
framebuffer well, but not XFree.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson