"unix/:-1" is how Xserver connects to xfs, the X font-server.

Going by the message you got, when xfs tried to upload its fonts to your
X-server, some files or folders containing fonts were missing.  Running
Xconfigurator may have updated the configuration file for xfs (the file is
/etc/X11/fs/config) to not include the missing path, OR, Xconfigurator
dropped the command to download fonts from xfs.  Look in /etc/X11/XF86Config
in the "FontPath" section, if xfs is being used for serving fonts you'll see
a line that looks like:

        Load "unix/:-1"

You really do want this line in your XF86Config as xfs lets you use scalable
fonts and TrueType fonts, which is a big plus as the standard X fonts look
awful in higher resolutions.