On Tuesday 07 August 2001 19:58, Amien Salie wrote:
> Hi
>
> Try ctrl+alt+F keys
>
> Peace
> Amien
>
> On Wednesday 08 August 2001 00:25, emammendes wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I had 7.2 on my old computer and with it I could use alt+F keys to access
> > different screens (terminals)?  Now with 8.0
> > alf+F2 to 9 won't work so I am stuck with just one screen.  How can I
> > make them available?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Eduardo

> > NetZero Platinum
> > Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
> > http://my.netzero.net/s/signup?r=platinum&refcd=PT97

Whoa!!!  Leave it to a newbie to randomly try out the advice on this list!!

I tried out the cntrl+ALT+ F 1,2,3,4,5, etc keys together while in X. lemme
tell you, the results were not what I expected.

C+A+F1 = non graphic login screen (no big deal)
C+A+F2 = x server crash message (I don't know where these logs are so i can't
share)
C+A+F3-6= nongraphic login screen (same as 1)
C+A+F7 however, brought up what I imaginge is my ports entry log. (i don't
know where it lives yet so  can't share) But, X went away and I had a
portsentry alert of a UDp scan by host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
C+A+F10 -11 brings up a blinking curser after x goes away
C+A+F12 brings up the graphical state of the system.(just like when its
booting)

Of course, C+A+F9 brings back X no matter what I tried. Strange...What
different from my system that this doesn't work??

And is this a cool feature of portsentry that you can simply press C+A+F7 to
see your log and then C+A+F9 to enter back into X??