I just ran into the problem of not being able to SU after installing
InteractiveBastille and believe that maybe it was InteractiveBastille that
changed the behavoir of my ctrl+alt+Fkeys. i would be curious to know if
users who do not have interactiveBastille installed and configured are able
to Ctrl=alt+fkey to different terminals or if it brings their system to the
state I described below.

(this certainly will make me learn the command prompt ; ))