On Thursday 09 August 2001  4:26 pm, tazmun wrote:
> HI
>
> Ok the first question is about copy-paste functions from clipboard in
> KDE.  For example if I copy the address to send mail to on this list and
> want to paste it into netscape address book how do I accomplish this.
> The right click doesn't bring up any options on this screen.  I believe
> the key to paste is ctrl-v but no luck.  Someone told me to double click
> both mouse buttons, but again nothing.  I have the same problem on any
> text entries into web pages.  I had to copy a file contents for tech
> support and send this info to him at Redhat support via a web page.  I
> had to do it in windows as it turned out because no paste options would
> seem to work on any linux web browser.  Any ideas here?  I rarely use
> Gnome but are the functions of clipboard better supported there?
>
> Next question is my MD 8.0 seems to work fine on my other machine with
> the exception of the video goes wacky every time it's been in screen
> saver mode for any length of time.  If I touch the mouse or keyboard
> ending the screen saver function the video is fine again.  It almost
> appears as if the video loses it's proper resolution.  I noted that
> after a fresh reboot screen saver would work for a short while but soon
> it was back to being messed up.  Should I try a different generic
> monitor or different resolution?  Or is there a file that has messed up
> that needs work here?  I'm not sure where to start other then was
> thinking about reinstalling since I've not done much to it since the
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tazmun

Copy text to the clipboard by holding down the left mouse button and dragging
it over the text you wish to copy. Then go to where you wish to paste and
single click the center mouse button/wheel. Also by clicking on the Klipper
icon (bottom right, next to clock) you can select from the clipboard
history/cache.
        Hope this helps, Robin