on 8/9/01 3:26 PM, tazmun at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> HI
>
> Ok the first question is about copy-paste functions from clipboard in
> KDE.  For example if I copy the address to send mail to on this list and
> want to paste it into netscape address book how do I accomplish this.
> The right click doesn't bring up any options on this screen.  I believe
> the key to paste is ctrl-v but no luck.

This is one thing about KDE that bugs me. Copying and pasting is not
consistent from application to application. KDE has its own central
clipboard, but not every program uses it. Netscape/Mozilla use their own
clipboard.

K programs also tend to count highlighting text as copying it. So what I
often do is highlight text I want to copy and hit ctrl+C. Then I highlight
the text I want to be replaced, and this in turn sticks this new text into
the clipboard, so hitting ctrl+V to paste it does nothing. Frustrating
doesn't even begin to describe it :)

So, unfortunately, cutting and pasting in K is shoddy at best. Hopefully
this will be fixed in a future release. I also hope someone comes up with a
terminal emulator that supports copying and pasting.

Can any gnome/icewm/etc users share what copying/pasting is like? Better
than K? I'd consider switching just for this.

Matt