Okay, Gradio works fine, and I used the Mandrake RPM software manager to
completely uninstall and then reinstall Xawtv, including manually del. the
.xawtv file in my home directory. Still though, after running through the
installation (it scanned and found all channels), and the sound was playing
fine; it played the channels just fine, for about (roughly) a minute, before
once again locking my system up HARD. I mean, the on/off switch wouldn't even
work! I had to do the reset thing. (mouse wouldn't move, no keys on keyboard
respond, couldn't find another terminal, couldn't quit out of the Xserver,
etc, etc). ;-(

Anyone have any ideas why Xawtv would be doing this?

Soyo MB, Award Bios, 256 megs DDR ram, 850mhz Duron
Geforce 2 GTS (32 megs ram), onboard AC97 sound. LM 8.0,
CD-ROM, CDRW (SCSI), Zip drive, WinTV tuner card, Linksys
network card...

PS Just a thought, would an IRQ conflict (not hardware - not reported by BIOS
at bootup), between devices cause this? KDE's system control reports IRQ
conflicts.

I know attachments are "verboten" but I'm including a "cat /proc/interrups so
that you guys can see...

Thanks much...

--

                                                                 /\
                                                             Dark><Lord
                                                                 \/
           CPU0
  0:      82232          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       3155          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:      25353          XT-PIC  serial
  5:      36877          XT-PIC  bttv, nvidia
 11:       1590          XT-PIC  aic7xxx, ALi Audio Accelerator
 12:       6338          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:     865173          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:         12          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0