From: "a" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Judith Miner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: August 12, 2001 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Need printing help, please

On Sunday 12 August 2001 17:42, Judith Miner wrote:
> Sridhar wrote with regard to my printing problem:
> >> Try printing to a postscript file (available in the print settings
of

> most apps) and then printing that with xpp. <<

[snip]

DON'T remove xpp

make XPP the target of your print command

instead of lpr -P pronter in the command line for printing when you call
print
put xpp there.

Then you can always print

In StarOffice, you need to run SPA as root and make the connection of
the
derfault printer to xpp.

Then things should starrt working.

Also run xpp as a user, not as root because it builds a user file which
overrides the root configuration settings.

Civileme

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com