hi seedkum,
in this case, you have to define the location of hdlist.cz.  Do a bit of
research, use your ftp client and connect to the server, find the location of
hdlist.cz, which is likely in the base directory.  but don't get confuse of
which base directory.  You'll  find many, e.g:
/linux/packages/mandrake/current/i586/base  and
/linux/packages/mandrake/update/8.0/base and many more.

example :
I tried to connect to ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp (one of the mirror in japan)
in the url colomn I typed : ftp.kddlabs.co.jp
after some research, on the relative path to hdlist colomn, I typed:
/linux/packages/mandrake/update/8.0/base (for security updates)
I didn't fill the username & password, since it works without it.

If you want to dowload the security upadates only, there is another way
though.  click on define sources -> new -> type of source(choose security
update) -> click update the list of mirrors -> choose the nearest mirror
->then click ok.  Done, Mandrake will do the rest.

regards,
Andrew