On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:04:48 -0500
Mark Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<Snip>

> (ps: this thread could go south really fast, we should be careful not to
> translate "religion" to mean "Catholicism" or "Protestantism" or etc...
> "religio" means "to link back" and there is a reason why the word religion
> is used to address these themes that are much larger than Catholicism,
> Buddhism, etc...  What I am getting at is becareful to think that there is a
> Christian sentiment running through Linux, but rather what seems religious
> is rather a play on ideas that represent the big primal themes and symbology
> that humans have had to deal with since the beginning.)

Well done that man!!

Ok hows about a bit of associated associations - (just to keep this thoroughly on
topic <g>)

Mark            Johnson
Mark            Physic
Johnson      Son of John
Mark&John  Evangalists of Old
John            Fisherman
Fish             water
Water          floats
Floats          bird
Bird              floats
Floats          swims
Swims         fish
Fish              food
Food            fisherman
fisherman    fisherbird
Fisherbird    penguin!!!!!

Now I hear that call - must off and make my ritual supplications to the
severely handicapped avian which makes it life bearable by attempting to
reduce the invasion of the genus picsae in disdain of the great distractors
the god Linus.

Morning all - had my coffee!!!

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com