It seems we agree on at least one point, that is, that the names of
various shells, progs, processes etc. are probably puns or double
meanings done in a light vein. However the concepts in the GPL have
roots in most religions or at least in spirituality. You know, don't be
ruled by greed etc. By the way Linus Torvalds wrote the preface for the
book I mentioned. In case you didn't catch it the first time , it's "The
Hacker Ethic and the Spirit of the Information Age" by Pekka Himanen.
The preface by Linus is "Prologue: what makes hackers Tick? a.k.a.
Linus's Law, by Linus Torvalds." One more thing and then I'll hold my
peace, (true) Christianity should not be confused with religion. I did
not for one minute mean anything like that.

ShalomOut
  Chal
Elder PCUSA
Registered Linux user # 217118