Hi all.  I am new to this list and have a nagging question.  Please help.  I
am running Linux Mandrake 8.0 Freq2 kernel 2.4.5-5mdk on a Pentium 200 64meg
machine with 8gig HD Trident video card hooked to a vga monitor. Here is
what ails my Linux machine.

At work, we have a Netware 5.0 FS.  I want to be able to mount a
folder/directory on my Linux box from my Netware File Server because I have
several folders on the File Server that I use throughout my day to day
activities.  I would like to save files from my Linux box to and from my
home folder on the Netware box.  So, I went out and installed ncpfs and
ipxutils from the 2 cd set.  Read the complicated HOWTO.  I also made sure
to first go out on the web and search on rpmfind (I think) the dependencies
needed before I could run these packages.  So, I installed those
dependencies (one really - I had the rest) before installing the two other
packages.

Once the packages were installed, I went into Linuxconf and chose to make
IPX enabled with auto configure on everything cause I am lazy. :)

Then I went to my prompt and typed slist and got Server (0x8847) not found
in ncp_open.  So, then I typed ipx_configure --auto off (I forgot those two
commands at the moment but maybe that is because of my frustration at this
point :) Then I typed ipx_interface delall and then ipx_interface add -p
eth0 802.2  Same thing/error happened when I typed slist.  I thought maybe I
need to put the IPX HEX network address of the Netware File Server after
802.2 and when I do I get unrecognizable network address error (something
like this).  I have also tried the internal network address to no avail
also.  WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!  UGH!

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ipxutils and the ncpfs
packages to no avail.  I have gone into Linuxconf and switched everything
back to the way it was before I started this whole adventure.  I have done
an ipxdump and I see something on my monitor - not legible but packet
traffic is occurring and 802.2 is identified.

So, I have tried and tried and tried and now I am turning to you all for
help. I have installed ipxutils 2.2.0.18.a-3mdk and ncpfs of the same
version.  Should I maybe try an older version of these packs?  Is my kernel
too recent?  I searched on Google.com and a lot of people have been
complaining about this issue but I do not see solutions.  Is there any?  Is
Mandrake doing anything to respond to this problem?
My Netware box is configured with one physical NIC but has two
protocols...IPX/SPX and TCP/IP  TCP/IP is on EtherII and IPX/SPX is on 802.2
the internal network is currently mapped to the ETHERII device
Your help is much appreciated and I am thankful for it.  I hope this was not
too long but, I wanted to give as much info as I know because I really need
to get this done.

Todd