-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Todd Zashin
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 6:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] RE: Linux to Netware File Server box connectivity
problems.

Hi all.  I am new to this list and have a nagging question.  Please
help.  I am running Linux Mandrake 8.0 Freq2 kernel 2.4.5-5mdk on a
Pentium 200 64meg machine with 8gig HD Trident video card hooked to a
vga monitor. Here is what ails my Linux machine.

At work, we have a Netware 5.0 FS.  I want to be able to mount a
folder/directory on my Linux box from my Netware File Server because I
have several folders on the File Server that I use throughout my day to
day activities.  I would like to save files from my Linux box to and
from my home folder on the Netware box.  So, I went out and installed
ncpfs and ipxutils from the 2 cd set.  Read the complicated HOWTO.  I
also made sure to first go out on the web and search on rpmfind (I
think) the dependencies needed before I could run these packages.  So, I
installed those dependencies (one really - I had the rest) before
installing the two other packages.

Once the packages were installed, I went into Linuxconf and chose to
make IPX enabled with auto configure on everything cause I am lazy. :)

Then I went to my prompt and typed slist and got Server (0x8847) not
found in ncp_open.  So, then I typed ipx_configure --auto off (I forgot
those two commands at the moment but maybe that is because of my
frustration at this point :) Then I typed ipx_interface delall and then
ipx_interface add -p eth0 802.2  Same thing/error happened when I typed
slist.  I thought maybe I need to put the IPX HEX network address of the
Netware File Server after 802.2 and when I do I get unrecognizable
network address error (something like this).  I have also tried the
internal network address to no avail also.  WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!  UGH!

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ipxutils and the ncpfs
packages to no avail.  I have gone into Linuxconf and switched
everything back to the way it was before I started this whole adventure.
I have done an ipxdump and I see something on my monitor - not legible
but packet traffic is occurring and 802.2 is identified.

So, I have tried and tried and tried and now I am turning to you all for
help. I have installed ipxutils 2.2.0.18.a-3mdk and ncpfs of the same
version.  Should I maybe try an older version of these packs?  Is my
kernel too recent?  I searched on Google.com and a lot of people have
been complaining about this issue but I do not see solutions.  Is there
any?  Is Mandrake doing anything to respond to this problem? My Netware
box is configured with one physical NIC but has two protocols...IPX/SPX
and TCP/IP  TCP/IP is on EtherII and IPX/SPX is on 802.2 the internal
network is currently mapped to the ETHERII device Your help is much
appreciated and I am thankful for it.  I hope this was not too long but,
I wanted to give as much info as I know because I really need to get
this done.

Todd