On Sunday 19 August 2001 17:19, Jeferson Lopes Zacco wrote:
> I wonder if there is a good download manager for Linux - like GetRight,
> GO!zilla or DownloadAccelerator for window$ - I haven been able to find
> anything but beta projects. And I just don't want to go downloading 24MB
> kernels in my lovely ISP without one...
>
> TIA

Well there are several.  One nice one is called Konqueror.
Open it and get to the ftp site using a URL  then split the screen and type in
file:/(mydownloaddirectory)   for whatever download directory you use.

Drag the file from the ftp half-window to the local half-window and repeat as required.

If the download breaks, then set up as before and drag--you will be asked whether you
want to resume or overwrite.

Just that simple.

Of course there is one Russian program out there which is really outstanding in
performance
but it almost always calls itself beta.  nt is the object to search for.

Civileme

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com