I sent this yesterday but did not see it appear in my
newbie list mail, so here it is again.

Because of reasons of my own making I had to do a
fresh install of mandrake 8.0. I set up Grub to make
Linux my default OS. When I attempted to boot into
windows, the bootup made it to "chainloader +1" and
wouldn't progress beyond that point. I tried using
LILO, it made it to "Loading Windows" and wouldn't
progress any further.
I am using an ABIT KT7A Raid MB with an IBM hard
drive plugged into ide2. Windows partition is hde1,
and
Linux root partition is hde5. Here is the Grub
menu.lst entry:

timeout 5
color black/cyan yellow/cyan
i18n (hd0,4)/boot/grub/messages
keytable (hd0,4)/boot/us.klt
altconfigfile (hd0,4)/boot/grub/menu.once
default 0

title linux
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hde5
hda=ide-scsi hdd=ide-floppy quiet vga=788
initrd (hd0,4)/boot/initrd.img

title linux-nonfb
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hde5
hda=ide-scsi hdd=ide-floppy
initrd (hd0,4)/boot/initrd.img

title failsafe
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hde5
hda=ide-scsi hdd=ide-floppy failsafeinitrd
(hd0,4)/boot/initrd.img

title windows
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

title floppy
root (fd0)
chainloader +1

Here's the windows entry from lilo.conf:

other=/dev/hde1
        label=windows
        table=/dev/hde

What's wrong?