<snip>
In the 'welcome to newbie' post you received after subscribing, one
of the first things it says is to post with plain text only.
<snip>

Sorry about that. Here's my question reposted as plain text. I'll make a
point of checking the format each time before posting. Here where I work
they require us to send html email and I simply forgot about it.

Hello all,

I recently purchased an A-Bit mobo (KT7A) along with a 1.2GHz AMD and 512MB.
I performed an LM 8.0 install using the "Recommended" selection and at the
point near the end of the install when it configures XWindows the system
locks up hard. By which I mean the mouse ceases to respond, no keys work, I
can't switch to different consoles (Ctrl-Alt-F<n>), etc. I thought maybe it
was the graphics card (S3 Trio3D/2X, a fairly new, low cost 3D
Graphics/video accelerator card), so I replaced it with a known working
card, to no avail. I then tried a known working PCI graphics card (name/mfg
escapes me at the moment) and experienced the same problem.

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution? This is driving me
nuts :-)

Thanks,

Tim

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com