I received this error message as KDE was loading:

"Could not read network connection host." -- "/home/andre/.DCOP
server_localhost.localdomain_:0"

I had checked, during my original installation of LM8, "Network Computer
(client)' and chose what then seemed to be a few appropriate items (I thought
I needed them to get Bastille to work). Subsequently, I removed these items,
and have only "openssh-clients" installed.

After I had removed whatever I had installed from "Network Computer
(client)", on every bootup I noticed a new message: "Caldera Calserver server
daemon: Can't register service (already exists)", and the next line, "Caldera
keyserver daemon - OK". I'm not clear whether these things are related, since
I cannot find docs on them to read.

In my search, I examined LinuxConf - Config - Networking - Client tasks, and
received a Kerror: "Too many nameservers defined  /etc/resolv.conf maximum 3"

Could someone help me understand what is happening here? Obviously, in my
ignorance, I've triggered some events -- I'm getting the feeling I've messed
up the configuration of my system.

Thanks, Andre.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com