        From:   Jason Guidry [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Thursday, August 23, 2001 11:45 AM
        To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
        Subject:        [newbie] Unable to surf...

        OK, Kppp (LM8) sees my Modem Blaster External, dials out to my ISP.
most of
        the time Kpppd crashes somehow (no connection timer) but is still
"running"
        when I look for it with $ top.

        I try killing the processes, but they won't die.

        when Kpppd doesn't crash and I get the timer, etc, I'm unable to
resolve web
        pages.

        so, If Kppp is broken, what will fix it, and if this is a generic
linux
        problem and not an ISP issue, how do I fix it?

        much thanks
         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com